Escape the winter blues and splash into the hot fun of summertime at the 2012 Progressive Insurance# Atlanta Boast Show, cruising into the Georgia World Congress Center Jan. 12-15. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the 2012 show is pulling out all of the stops to welcome Georgians to the water, offering an array of exciting attractions, including the new Indoor Wake Park (the country”s largest!), daily boating, fishing and sailing courses for both beginners and experienced captains, free fishing for kids, and much more. Serious shoppers can enjoy a “golden”# opportunity to board and compare hundreds of boat options side by side, take advantage of extra incentives and exclusive show discounts from the region”s top dealers, and shop specials on the newest innovations in marine accessories and electronics.
“We”re thrilled to celebrate 50 years of bringing the best in boating to Atlanta with the 2012 Progressive Insurance Atlanta Boast Show. This year will be our best year yet with some of the biggest features ever and plenty of surprises in store for all attendees,”# said Show Manager Larry Berryman. “From the hundreds of new products to discover to the wide array of interactive education and entertainment, year after year we showcase new ways that boating brings happiness to all ages. Whether looking to invest in an opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends or seeking respite from the daily stresses of work, there”s no better place to discover why life is better with a boat!”#
Features and attractions for the 2012 Atlanta Boat Show include:
- New! Nation”s Largest Indoor Wake Park – Presented by Mountain Wake and Singleton Marine Group – Experience the country”s largest indoor wake park, shoring into the Georgia World Congress Center! The 200,000-gallon wake park features wall rides, spine kickers, quarter pipes and pipe rails. At the heart of the state-of-the-art attraction is a two-tower continuous cable system that gives riders the capability to perform multiple rotations around the park”s obstacles. Attendees will be amazed as pros from Singleton Marine Group and Mountain Wake, as well as some of the best riders in the nation, showcase a variety of boarding stunts and tricks during daily performances.
- New! Powerboat Docking Challenge – Become more confident at the helm. The Powerboat Docking Challenge is an interactive experience that pits the boater against other show attendees and the clock as they try to steer and dock a four-foot, twin-engine, remote-controlled power boat using a life-size helm station found on a traditional boat down a 20-foot pool into a marina and ultimately a slip, for a chance to win a host of prizes.
- New to Boating? Welcome to the Water! – The new Welcome to the Water Center, an introduction to water activities, is a must for new boaters, providing a one-stop resource for how to get started in boating, the right boat for any budget and lifestyle, and local boating information. It also includes a “Boating on a Budget” section, an area showcasing a variety of boats that can be financed for $250 or less per month, as well as the New Product Showcase, featuring the latest and greatest in boating, gear and accessories.
- New! DIY Seminars & Interactive Learning Center at Fred”s Shed – Watch, learn and do! Do-it-yourselfers or boat owners interested in maintaining, repairing or upgrading their boat or engine can head to Fred”s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free, daily seminars and talk-show format clinics cover a variety of topics, and include demos and question/answer sessions. Together, “The Boating Guy”# and certified marine service technician “Fred, The Outboard Doctor,”# bring more than 50 years of boating and “wrench-slinging” experience to the Shed. Stop by to see a cutaway boat and motor, participate in hands-on clinics and interactive Q&A sessions.
- Family Day, January 12 – Bring the kids and discover why life is better on the water. All Family Day attendees will have the chance to win a variety of great prizes, including free boat rental certificates from Park Marine, a special behind-the-scenes family tour of the Georgia Aquarium, and tickets to local sporting events. Presented by the Marine Trade Association of Metro Atlanta.
- Let”s Go Fishing Center sponsored by Allstate – “Reel”# fun for everyone from aspiring anglers to fishing fanatics, the Let”s Go Fishing Center sponsored by Allstate provides free, daily seminars on all-things angling, plus the chance to receive a FREE Berkley fishing gift while quantities last and a chance to win a $5,000 gift card.
- Daily fishing seminars – Watch local pros demonstrate casting and fishing techniques during daily seminars covering both saltwater and freshwater fishing.
- Bass Tub – Enjoy a unique underwater view and observe as fish react to and strike different lures and bait in a 5,000-gallon aquarium, stocked with native species.
- Complimentary Kids Catch & Release Fishing – Introduce the excitement of fishing to children at the catch-and-release pond, where young anglers can reel in their own catch of the day with live trout. Every day of the show, it”s free for all kids12 and under.
- Miss GEICO – Miss GEICO is speeding back to the show for the fourth year in a row by popular demand! One of the world”s fastest offshore racing boats with speeds of more than 185 mph and powered with the same turbine engines that flew missions in the first Gulf War, this boat will amaze any boating enthusiast seeking speed.
- Pre-Show Shopping on “Boat Finder” – The Progressive Insurance Atlanta Boat Show online offering allows guests to preview the 2012 show and discover discounts on the newest boats by visiting AtlantaBoatShow.com. Show attendees can plan ahead and search boats by brand, model and more, schedule dealer appointments onsite or at the dealership, plus visitors will have the chance to receive free tickets to the show through select participating dealerships.
- Sailing Seminars – Ideal for both novice and seasoned sailors, Windsong Sailing Academy will host a variety of complimentary, educational sailing seminars each day.
Tickets are $10 for Adults (16 and older) and youth 15 and under are free. Advance tickets can be purchased online at AtlantaBoatShow.com.
For more information, visit AtlantaBoatShow.com or keep track of our latest updates on Twitter at AtlantaBoatShow and find us on Facebook.