Come out and enjoy some cooler weather at Atlanta”s favorite place to celebrate the fall season. Now in it”s 9th year, Stone Mountain Park”s annual Pumpkin Festival has become a family favorite with kids and parents alike. The festival runs September 30 through October 30 (Fridays – Sundays) from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. (Fridays & Sundays) and 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. with Lasershow at 8 p.m. on Saturdays.
Throughout weekends in October enjoy attractions, entertainment, activities and fall decorations that are fun for all ages.
Event Highlights include:
- New Pumpkin Palooza – Come join in the fun in this high energy, fun-filled game show for the entire family! Two teams will pit against each other in a series of challenges guaranteed to generate laughs and a good time for all. Contestants are chosen before each show. Playing at the Dogwood Entertainment Venue.
- Kids Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt – Back by popular demand! Look for the clues hidden amongst the scarecrows to answer the questions and earn your reward.# It”s sure to be a sweet treat. Scavenger hunt pickup located at the Pumpkin Party Patch.
- Family Scavenger Hunt – A scavenger hunt that will take you to multiple Stone Mountain Park attractions answering clues along the way to complete the hunt. Families who finish the search are automatically entered in a drawing to win great prizes.
- The Great Pumpkin Puppet Parade – Parents and kids, grab a pumpkin puppet and get in on the fun as we present the Fourth Annual Great Pumpkin Puppet Parade, where there”s sure to be dancing in the streets!# Those wishing to be in the parade and/or costume contest should arrive 10 minutes early at the Dogwood Entertainment Venue.# You do not need to be in costume to participate in the parade.# 3pm on Friday and Sunday.# 1pm and 4pm on Saturday.
- Children”s Costume Contest – All costumed kids are welcome to join in the Costume Contest.# Judging is silly, and great fun is sure to be had by all!# To be considered for the Costume Contest, you must participate in the Great Pumpkin Puppet Parade.# Please arrive 10 minutes early at the Dogwood Entertainment Venue. Costume Contest immediately follows the 3 p.m. parade on Friday and Sunday and the 4 p.m. parade on Saturday.
- Storytelling – Kids will love these classic and contemporary autumn tales told by our fantastic storytellers. Located at Campfire Corner.
- Pie Eating Contest – A Pumpkin Festival Favorite!# Bring your competitive spirit- and your appetite- down to the Azalea stage, where gooey pies get consumed in record time.# Adult and child contestants are chosen before each contest. Located at the Azalea Stage.
- Pumpkin Party Patch – Get into the autumn spirit with kid-friendly games and the chance to Dress Your Own Scarecrow! We provide the outfits and accessories, you will just need to bring your imagination to create your own one-of-a-kind scarecrow. Located across from the 4-D Theater.
Entrance to the Pumpkin Festival is included in the Adventure Pass; $27 (plus tax) for adults and $21 (plus tax) for children ages 3-11. Vehicle Entry to Stone Mountain Park is $10 for a one day parking permit or $35 for an annual permit.
For details, visit festivals.stonemountainpark.com. Information provided by Stone Mountain Park.