All Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation (GCPR) Aquatic Facilities open Memorial Day weekend. This weekend is the perfect time to visit one of the state-of-the-art, award-winning aquatic centers or leisure play pools.
Many of the aquatic centers and leisure play pools located throughout Gwinnett County, offer fun features such as beach entry, water play structures, giant water slides, picnic areas and more! Visitors will find a wide array of amenities for both fun and learning, including private, semi-private, and group swim lessons#annually for all ages.
GCPR supports the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Simple Water Safety Steps Can Save Lives campaign, which educates the public about pool safety. The campaign reminds citizens to:
- Never leave a child unattended in a pool or spa and always watch your child when he or she is in or near water
- Teach children basic water safety tips
- Keep children away from pool drains, pipes and other openings to avoid entrapment
- Have a telephone close by when you or your family are using a pool or spa
- If a child is missing, look for him or her in the pool or spa first
- Share safety instructions with family, friends and neighbors
Bogan Park Aquatic Center remains closed until renovations are completed this fall.# All GCPR pools are accessible for people with disabilities and offer safe, supervised swimming places for patrons of all ages. For more details on specific amenities and hours of operation, or information on facility rental amenities, visit www.gwinnettparks.com.