Got a cool idea for a business story?
We want to know! Send it to email@example.com.
Gwinnett Magazine brings you a compelling taste of business news and views in in The Business Pages: July/August 2013.
BUSINESS “# BRAINS
- AGCO Prepares Youth for Careers in Agriculture”#
Getting food to table is a worldwide common denominator, and AGCO connects the dots for young people to learn about career options.
- Connecting Technology Innovation with Investment Capital”#
Georgia”s largest investor showcase for innovation in the local community, Venture Atlanta, has issued a call for entries.
BUSINESS “# EDGE
- Leadership Gwinnett Defines a Vision for Community Impact”#
Movers and shakers are made, not born. Leadership Gwinnett welcomes the 2014 Class with an unprecedented project assignment.
BUSINESS “# GAINS
- The ATM evolution has Gwinnett Roots “#
NCR is transforming front-end business operations, using technology to re-invent the consumer banking experience.
- Southern Barter Club Offers Incentives to Non-Profits”#
Founders Laurie and Henry Sossa are enabling local non-profit organizations to more easily prioritize cash flow through barter practices for operational needs.
BUSINESS “# GRIT
- Insights to Leadership from Cheryl A. Bachelder”#
This keynote speaker scheduled for the September 5th Gwinnett Leadership Forum, brings clarity to business leadership strategy.
BUSINESS “# LAUNCH
- New Flavor Coming to Old Town Lilburn”# and Drive-bys: Now Open Near You
Serial entrepreneurs poised to open second metro-Atlanta restaurant in Lilburn and the start of other small business dreams in Gwinnett.
BUSINESS “# MOJO
- Keep on Learning: Easy to Do in Gwinnett”#
Aristotle said, “Education is the best provision for old age!”# Gwinnett is flush with continuing education and workforce training resources.
BUSINESS “# RAINMAKING
- How a Summer Job Led to Where I Am Today”#
Five Gwinnett business leaders reflect on pivotal summer job experiences that helped define their respective career paths.
BUSINESS “# RIPPLE
- Hatching an Egg-Cellent Enterprise”#
Two years after analyzing a “what if” business scenario, one Gwinnett entrepreneur”s mentoring yields results half a world away.
- Will the Collapsible Hose Change an Industry?”#
Mass popularity for a new design may innovate a century-old water hose standard that”s gone largely unchanged.
BUSINESS “# SPARK
- Gwinnett”s Health IT Sector is Primed for Growth“#
Ready to take on the challenges caused by the fallout of medical reform, Gwinnett businesses are at the forefront of emerging technologies.
BUSINESS “# TRACTION
- Movie Tavern”s Universal Appeal is a Blockbuster”#
The marquee sign lighting the sky along the Suwanee Gateway is as brilliant as the growing popularity this dinner and a movie venue is enjoying after one year.