Planning a wedding sometime within the next year?
We”ve got plenty of tips to think about as you start to plan.
The Perfect Spot
- Consider the ambiance of the venue.
- Find out what”s included. For example, one venue might provide a coordinator for free and another might eliminate the cost of having to rent tables or chairs. You need to consider all of this before making a decision.
- Your ceremony and reception sites can be different, but you”ll usually save money if they are at the same place.
- Make sure you like your photographer. You will be spending a lot of time together on the wedding day.
- Plan your wedding time around natural, pretty light.
- Determine the type of images you want. Some photographers are better at action shots (photojournalistic style) while others are better at portrait shots.
- Inquire about purchasing a high resolution CD of your wedding shots. You”ll own the rights to the images and can make as many copies as you want.
- Schedule at least 20 minutes to do photos as a couple without family and friends.
Cakes and Catering
- You can save money on the cake by ordering a small cake to show and serving from sheet cakes.
- Make sure the reception room has been cooled down before the cake is delivered.
- Let the person that delivers the cake set it up.
- Taste any food prior to the event.
- There are four catering styles to choose from: hors d”oeuvres, buffets, food stations or a sit down dinner. Talk with your caterer about the pros and cons of each.
- Look through magazines and take photo examples of flowers you like.
- You”ll want to give your florist dress swatches.
- The paint section at your local home improvement store can be an excellent source of color selections.
- Find out what flowers will be in season and use those. It will save you money.
Signed, Sealed and Delivered
- Don”t forget to include invitations, stationery and postage in your wedding budget.
- The invitation is the first part of the wedding that your guests will see and often sets the tone for your event.
- Making invitations yourself can end up costing you time and money, but printing them at home can help you save.
- You can find pretty wedding invitations regardless of your budget.
- Be sure to schedule some time with your DJ or musicians prior to the wedding and ask them how they will make your reception fun and different.
- If there are any songs or type of music you don”t want played, be sure to let them know.
- Don”t forget that this space needs to be booked well in advance.
- Find out which guests are coming to the rehearsal dinner at least two weeks pr