In celebration of Americas Independence Day, the City of Norcross is throwing a pre-Fourth of July block party on July 3 from 3-11 p.m. with fireworks beginning at approximately 9:25 p.m. (or dusk). The 2017 edition of Red, White & BOOM! will include food trucks, fun and fireworks! The good times start with a bangat 3 p.m.with bounce houses (nominal fee), festive face painting and an assortment of food vendors.
Event attendees are invited to stroll the city sidewalks to find Norcross eclectic collection of shops and restaurants, dance in the park to tunes spun by the DJfrom 5:30-9:30 p.m., or snag a spot on the lawn at Lillian Webb Park for a picnic and mingling with friends before the fireworks light up the night sky. For those looking to continue the fun and celebration, event-goers can head over to one of Norcross local hotspots for live music and libations.
With entertainment, food and fun throughout the event, Red, White & BOOM! is a wonderful way to salute our nations history, said City of Norcross Mayor Bucky Johnson. We look forward to celebrating with this patriotic event complete with fireworks and activities for the entire family.
The City of Norcross notes that absolutely no shade structures (tents or umbrellas) are allowed and will have to be dismantled. ADA parking will be available at City Hall (65 Lawrenceville Street) and Bostic Street. City staff will be available to transport seniors or anyone needing assistance that day via golf carts at each of the respective parking locations. A shuttle will also run continuously from the Norcross First United Methodist Church,2500 Beaver Ruin Road.
While it wont be hard to have a good time at Norcross Red, White & BOOM!, the City of Norcross would like to offer a few ways to make sure it is a memorable Fourth of July event:
- Snag a spot at Lillian Webb Park for the best view of the fireworks display.
- Dont miss out on the festivities or show while looking for a parking space. Free parking will be available at two nearby designated churches with a shuttle running continuously to downtown Norcross.
- Be the life of the party by not committing a party foul. Please be mindful of other guests bynot blocking the view. To keep the night sky in perfect view of the fireworks, tents and umbrellas are not allowed.
- Remember, Norcross is an active railroad crossing location. Train tracks are NOT safe for firework viewing.
- Take your party with you, but only on foot! Open containers are allowed within barricaded areas only!
- Raise your glasses high and cheers your fellow neighbors with a Red, White & BOOM! signature drink!
- Celebrate one of the best things about AmericaFOOD! Enjoy fried foods, snacks on a stick, sinful sweet treats and the best tasting creations on four wheelsfood trucks!
For more information, visitaplacetoimagine.com.