Help save lives and donate blood this Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-27! Mall of Georgia will open their doors to the community as host site for American Red Cross Blood Drive on Upper Level near Dick”s Sporting Goods from 12- 5 p.m.
All donors will receive an American Red Cross T-shirt (while supplies last). Every donor from May 23-31 will be entered into a regional raffle. Five donors will each win a $1,000 gift card!
Need a reason to give?# Take a look at the following statistics courtesy of the American Red Cross:
- Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
- Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives!
- Type O is the most requested by hospitals.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
- Approximately 60% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate – yet only 5% actually do!
Donors may schedule an advance appointment by visiting http://redcrossblood.org and entering code “moga” for Mall of Georgia.
For more information on these events at Mall of Georgia, visit http://bit.ly/MOGdrives.
For more blood donation facts, visit the American Red Cross online at www.givelife.org.