A host of SPLOST (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax) projects are now underway, bringing welcome changes to transportation in the county:
- State Route 20 is being widened in Sugar Hill from Peachtree Industrial Boulevard to the Chattahoochee River. The heavily-traveled road currently has about 30,000 vehicles a day and that number is expected to grow to 50,000 over the next 20 years.
- Permitting has started for a full diamond interchange at I-85 and SR 324.
- Road-widening projects are also in the works at SR 324/Auburn Road (from Dacula Road to Jim Moore Road/Old Fountain Road) and at Peachtree Industrial Boulevard (from south of McGinnis Ferry Road to north of Moore Road).
- An intersection improvement at Rosebud Road and Grayson Parkway with new turn lanes and an upgraded traffic signal, crosswalks, push buttons, and countdown signals will reduce congestion and improve safety for motorists traveling to nearby Grayson Elementary.
- A traffic signal will be added to the intersection of Suwanee Dam Road and West Price Road, as will left turn lanes on West Price Road, and curb, gutter and drainage improvements.